Iniega Chukwuma was born in Nigeria in 1991. He recieved his B.A.,Edu music from the Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education. Iniega Chukwuma has worked as drum head in Ebonye State Arts Council and also as the director of African music instrument ensemble for blue print music and dance academy. He has been found in several concert halls and event centres in Nigeria performing with the Oja and other African musical instruments. Iniega Chukwuma is happily married to Mrs. Doris and has a daughter.
Flute Instructor – Chukwuma
OBJECTIVES OF OJA (NOTCHED FLUTE) STUDY:
• Master techniques of Oja playing, including tone production, breath control, vibrato, dynamic control, correct fingerings (regular, alternate, and trill), articulation styles, intonation tendencies, and corrective measures.
• Know how to care for the instrument and identify problems that hinder good playing.
• Develop knowledge of resources of information about the Oja and playing techniques.
• An Oja in good working order
• A music stand (for practice)
• Several blank CD-R’s (to enable sharing of relevant sound files). Or a good recording device