Masango Obase Aboli was born in Cameroon on May 19th 1991. He is a xylophonist , a song writer and a musicprenuer. In the earlier days of his life he was introduced to classical music and with this background he became a music director for many choirs. He later moved to Abu Dhabi where he got the opportunity to take an introductory course in Jazz music at New York University, and was also a French –English translator for the xylophone maestro Fode Lasanna Diabate from Mali. He was a member of the Blue Fever Jazz Acapella and the Abu Dhabi National Symphony Ochestra. With great ambition to explore African rhythms he moved to Ghana in 2016 to explore Ghanaian Highlife and other African musical genre. Obase Aboli has two albums to his credit namely Etapo and Ujhasuma Africa.
Ghanaian Xylophone Instructor – Obase
– Introduction and brief history of the Balafon/Xylophone
– Cross Cultural comparison of the balafone across Africa and beyond
– The Chomatic balafon and the Abolifone
– Balafon/ Xylophone techniques
– Meeting Balafone/Xylophone masters from accross Africa.